We did it. We buzzed his hair. Ourselves.
I think Mike and I have learned one valuable lesson so far in parenthood: never say never. We had all these notions and plans about what we would and wouldn't do. Buzz cuts were pretty high up on the "wouldn't do" list. It takes a certain kind of head shape and face to pull off a buzz. Our son's head isn't perfectly round like Uncle Ry Ry's, so we thought buzz cuts were out.
We've been paying $10 every four weeks to get Law's hair cut for the past year. *I* don't even get a haircut every month. Shoot. I haven't had one in at least 3 or 4 months. It's a hassle to schedule an appointment and drive him way out to our trusted stylist, so tonight when Uncle D decided to trim his hair at Nana & Papa's, we thought we'd "just shape up the sides and back" on Lawrence's hair, too. Ha! Tired + too much sugar + cranky = not a very good haircut. So, we buzzed it.
I think Mike and I have learned one valuable lesson so far in parenthood: never say never. We had all these notions and plans about what we would and wouldn't do. Buzz cuts were pretty high up on the "wouldn't do" list. It takes a certain kind of head shape and face to pull off a buzz. Our son's head isn't perfectly round like Uncle Ry Ry's, so we thought buzz cuts were out.
We've been paying $10 every four weeks to get Law's hair cut for the past year. *I* don't even get a haircut every month. Shoot. I haven't had one in at least 3 or 4 months. It's a hassle to schedule an appointment and drive him way out to our trusted stylist, so tonight when Uncle D decided to trim his hair at Nana & Papa's, we thought we'd "just shape up the sides and back" on Lawrence's hair, too. Ha! Tired + too much sugar + cranky = not a very good haircut. So, we buzzed it.
(Not sure if you can see it, but I totally have a band-aid on my finger because I cut myself with the scissors during the whole ordeal)
(He wasn't real thrilled with the home haircut. Next time, I'll have to give him a sucker like Lynn does)
Law & Papa with their matching 'do's.
And if the photos weren't enough, here's a little video clip of my amazing skills with a clippers (um, yeah...I really need to buy the 'how to' video...but I suppose since he didn't end up with a bald spot, I did okay.)
1 comment:
I knew the buzz would work out. And it looks super cute. I'm glad I didn't miss it like Nana did!!
Post a Comment