Thursday, July 24, 2008

Well, we made it over a year and a half...

...before our first official ER visit.

We went to visit Great-Grandpa & Great-Grandma J and pick sweet corn and Lawrence tripped over his own feet (he has his mother's grace) and completely biffed it. His hands didn't break his fall and he smacked the pavement HARD. Before I could even get him scooped up, his forehead started bruising and it was a huge knot within minutes.


He's a tough guy, so he only cried for a bit and was then off to running amuck again. He was acting a bit weird(er than normal), though. He was spinning in circles, pointing toward the sky like something was there (there wasn't) and giggling...maybe he was seeing stars? He did it a few times, but then seemed normal. After his nap, his balance seemed off -- he was veering right when trying to walk straight. So after calls to Nana and Aunt Sandy for advice, I called the nurse hotline. She wasn't too concerned until she asked about any abnormal behavior and I mentioned the possible "seeing stars" thing...her tone changed and she said we needed to go to the ER because it sounded like it could be something neurological. Way to freak a mom out!


Thankfully, we got in right away at Children's and the nurses and doctors were really nice. Lawrence seems to be okay -- maybe a concussion, but no fractures or brain damage or anything. We do have to wake him up every three hours tonight -- yay!



The good news is, Law LOVES sweet corn!





It was Papa's birthday on Saturday and we celebrated Sunday...Lawrence really liked the cake...especially the frosting!








And a little update on Baby B#2 -- (S)he is the size of a turnip this week. That doesn't sound that big -- or cute -- to me, but whatever.



Also -- it kind-of seems that if the baby is only 5", I shouldn't really be quite this big yet:



The kid is ACTIVE. I can't believe how much movement I feel already...I've even felt it from the outside. I'm praying it doesn't mean this child will be as busy as Lawrence, but I think I'm going to be a pretty busy woman when Baby B#2 is mobile.


We get a peek at the little bean (or, er, turnip) next Friday and we're really excited!


Hope you're all having a fabulous (and less accident-prone) week.

1 comment:

Lil White (aka Oscar) said...

Poor lil Lawrence. I'm glad to hear he is doing ok.