Here's Papa and his Skipper:
Our little fisherman (we didn't do any fishing, but his hat screams it). He looks crabby because he is...this pic was taken the afternoon he got really sick. He'd been running a fever since Tuesday (possibly Monday) and we thought it might be strep. His pediatrician didn't want to call anything in even though Mike just got over strep because it's apparently really rare for kids under 2 to get it. Well, our son is special...because when we raced him over to Osage Beach when his temp spiked to 105.1, the doc confirmed he had strep. And an ear infection. And Fifth's Disease. Oy. Poor little guy. We always feel like horrible parents because it seems like he never just has one ailment at a time, but he's such a laid-back little guy that you'd never know that he was *that* sick. I have to go for bloodwork tomorrow to make sure I've already had Fifth's because it can be dangerous for pregnant women to be exposed.
By Friday, he was feeling a lot better.
This was Friday night...he was feeling MUCH better. We'd all almost forgotten about how much energy he normally has. He was hysterical.
-I seem to have "popped" last week. It's funny/weird because I "popped" while at the Lake with Lawrence.
The first pic was 18w1d and the second is 19w2d.
-We had our ultrasound Friday before we left. The tech was abusive (seriously -- she bruised my abdomen with the wand!), but we were happy to see the baby. Here's a pic of Baby B #2 (and, yes, our child is flipping the bird. I'm quite convinced it was because the baby was as annoyed with the tech's roughness as I was!)
We have to go back for a follow-up ultrasound at the end of the month because there may be something wrong with the baby's heart. Please keep us in your prayers that everything turns out normal (and also that I've already had Fifth's).
Lawrence "helped" me frost Nana's birthday cake. It was her big 5-0 the same day as the ultrasound, so we decided to announce what we were having by filling the cake with pink or blue icing...
Everyone was ESPECIALLY excited for cake...
2 comments:
How exciting that Lawrence is going to have a baby brother - that's great news, congrats! And what a cute idea with the cake frosting.
Sorry that Lawrence was sick during part of the trip - he sounds like a trooper (and so do his mom and dad). I'll be praying that everything's alright with the baby.
Congrats on having another boy!!! Totally random question, but what hair products do you use? I have an identical haircut and I can never get mine to look as smooth and shinny as yours... If you can fill me in that would be awesome :)
Post a Comment