Lawrence stepped in mud while he was playing. If you know me at all, you know that mud + shoe = a freaking out Jess. You'd be proud, though, because I was chill about it. And my mother probably wouldn't believe me (I could hardly believe it myself, even as I was saying the words), but Law said "uh oh" about the mud and I told him "It's okay -- we can get dirty outside."
Lawrence is definitely my kid, though...because being dirty really bothered him. I kept telling him it was okay, but he found a leaf, dipped it into a puddle and tried to wipe off his shoe.
While cleaning his shoe, his hands got messy...and then he wanted to go inside. I was almost moved to tears!
Not at all a good photo, but in case you were wondering, Andersen enjoyed the nice weather, too. He was snuggled in my BeeByMeCouture wrap (which he loves! Sometimes, it's the only way I can calm him down) all the while Lawrence and I were coloring with chalk, driving his new trike and freaking out about getting dirty.
In other news, AJ gave me his first true smile yesterday. I was starting to freak out just a bit because my weekly baby development updates keep telling me I should be "enjoying baby's smiles" and I hadn't gotten any intentional ones yet...only the ones in his sleep. It was so cute, too -- I was talking to him and he suddenly grinned and then he seemed to get all embarrassed and looked away. Andersen shared the love with his daddy this morning.
Hope you all have a fabulous Super Bowl Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment